VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action is a visual novel of a different breed. Set in the year 207X in a place called Glitch City, this title follows a month in the life of Jill, who works at a simple out of the way bar named VA-11 Hall-A, or Valhalla for short. The world around Jill is harsh and cruel, and customers visit the bar for a moment of peace and a good stiff drink to avoid the realities of the outside world. While I am admittedly not a fan of the cyberpunk genre, I fell in love with this game anyway because of its story and gameplay. If you’re not a fan of the usual visual novels out there, this may be a very welcome change of pace. Although the story is largely kinetic, you can affect dialogue and gain different endings depending on your bartending skills.
- Review: Bratz: Flaunt Your Fashion is in Rock Angelz’s Shadow by Nyasha Oliver
- These Chill Apple Arcade Puzzle Games Shut My Brain Up by Madison Butler
- The Four Best Romance Club Stories To Play First by Luna Ye
- Wario and Waluigi: Who are They, Anyway? by Melissa Brinks
- Autistic Representation in Video Games by Angharad Redden