Sidequest is an intersectional feminist site that seeks to be a safer space for all writers and readers. We moderate reader comments with an eye toward minimizing stress and trauma for our staff and community. While we encourage you to join in, remember that discussion on this site is curated.
Please be aware that we:
- Moderate every comment. If your comments don’t show up right away, the editors aren’t available to attend to the queue. Be patient.
- Delete all abusive and threatening comments and IP ban these commenters upon their first infraction. We have a zero tolerance policy towards bullying, trolling, abuse, and threats.
- Delete all comments which include racism, transphobia, queerphobia, and other forms of bigotry, and IP ban these commenters immediately.
- Do not welcome mansplaining, gaslighting, or other subtle forms of bullying.
- Will not provide a free education on demand.
- May shut down comments when we feel it’s warranted.
While we love providing free content for our readers to enjoy and engage with, in order to keep doing so, we must ensure the health and well-being of our staff and contributors, here — in their workplace — and in their outside commitments.