Welcome back to Postgame, Sidequest’s monthly podcast, where the editors lay down hot takes on cold games. This month marks the Postgame debuts of Maddi Butler and Zainabb Hull, as they, Zora, and Melissa talk about what they were playing in… September of 2021. We’re working though the backlog, we promise!
Games we discussed:
- NieR:Automata and NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…
- Sayonara Wild Hearts
- The Uncharted series
- Until Dawn
- Sims 4
- We Know the Devil
- Burgle Bros
Pieces we mentioned:
- Meet the Game Dev Who Never Fires Guns in Games
- Indigenous Representations and the Impacts of Video Games Media on Indigenous Identity
- Until Dawn THE FACE OF FEAR – Facial Idle Animations All Characters
Pieces we didn’t mention but you might like:
- No Matter His Age, the Point of Nier is Compassion, Not Tragedy
- Review: Cleaning Up the Chaos of Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!!
- Review: Hades Is a Ray of Sunshine in This Unending Night (or Day)
- Ludonarrative Dissonance in Bioshock (the piece often cited as the origin of the phrase)
Theme music is Bass Thee by Alexander Nakarada, used under Creative Commons 0. Episode produced by Zora Gilbert.
Melissa Brinks is Sidequest’s editor in chief, co-creator of the Fake Geek Girls podcast, author of The Compendium of Magical Beasts, and an aspiring beekeeper. She once won an argument on the internet, and tweets at @MelissaBrinks.