Welcome back to Postgame, Sidequest’s monthly Patreon-exclusive podcast, where the editors lay down hot takes on cold games. This month, we took a look at how we’ve been filling our idle time and went down the mobile game rabbit hole to talk about Love Island: The Game, various stinky games, Love Island: The Game, Tales of Crestoria, Love Island: The Game, Project Makeover, and… there was one more, hang on. Ah, yes, Love Island: The Game.
(As of posting, Melissa has finished every possible scrap of content in the game, Naseem has finished most of seasons 1 and 2, and Zora has finished… day 6 of season 2. Slacking.)
Timestamps and topics:
- Roof Rails (and other stinky games) 0:4:25 – 0:11:15
- Love Island: The Game 0:11:15 – 0:25:39 (spoilers start at 23:39, or when Melissa starts talking about Rocco); 0:49:07 – 0:57:10
- Tales of Crestoria 0:25:39 – 0:41:48
- Project Makeover 0:41:48 – 0:49:07
- Mystic Messenger 0:57:10 – 0:58:19
Pieces we mentioned:
- 9 Stinky Mobile Games To Turn Your Brain Off During Quarantine
- I’m Addicted to a Ridiculous Mobile Game Because I Want all the Characters to Smooch
- Don’t Rein It In: The Necessary, Unrepentant Weirdness of My Horse Prince
- Dating show dubbed ‘Murder Love Island’ will see contestants dodge ‘killer’ (sorry about the Sun link, folks)
- Mystic Messenger Trash
Pieces we didn’t mention but you might like:
- Play in Heavenly Peace: Four Mobile Games To Keep Your Holiday Chill
- Free and Cheap Games to Play for Every Quarantine Mood
Theme music is Bass Thee by Alexander Nakarada, used under Creative Commons 0.
Melissa Brinks is Sidequest’s editor in chief, co-creator of the Fake Geek Girls podcast, author of The Compendium of Magical Beasts, and an aspiring beekeeper. She once won an argument on the internet, and tweets at @MelissaBrinks.