Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Welcome back to Postgame, Sidequest’s monthly Patreon-exclusive podcast, where the editors lay down hot takes on cold games. This month, we took a look at how we’ve been filling our idle time and went down the mobile game rabbit hole to talk about Love Island: The Game, various stinky games, Love Island: The Game, Tales of Crestoria, Love Island: The Game, Project Makeover, and… there was one more, hang on. Ah, yes, Love Island: The Game.
(As of posting, Melissa has finished every possible scrap of content in the game, Naseem has finished most of seasons 1 and 2, and Zora has finished… day 6 of season 2. Slacking.)
Timestamps and topics:
- Roof Rails (and other stinky games) 0:4:25 – 0:11:15
- Love Island: The Game 0:11:15 – 0:25:39 (spoilers start at 23:39, or when Melissa starts talking about Rocco); 0:49:07 – 0:57:10
- Tales of Crestoria 0:25:39 – 0:41:48
- Project Makeover 0:41:48 – 0:49:07
- Mystic Messenger 0:57:10 – 0:58:19
Pieces we mentioned:
- 9 Stinky Mobile Games To Turn Your Brain Off During Quarantine
- I’m Addicted to a Ridiculous Mobile Game Because I Want all the Characters to Smooch
- Don’t Rein It In: The Necessary, Unrepentant Weirdness of My Horse Prince
- Dating show dubbed ‘Murder Love Island’ will see contestants dodge ‘killer’ (sorry about the Sun link, folks)
- Mystic Messenger Trash
Pieces we didn’t mention but you might like:
- Play in Heavenly Peace: Four Mobile Games To Keep Your Holiday Chill
- Free and Cheap Games to Play for Every Quarantine Mood
Theme music is Bass Thee by Alexander Nakarada, used under Creative Commons 0.
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Patreon
Melissa Brinks is Sidequest’s editor in chief, co-creator of the Fake Geek Girls podcast, author of The Compendium of Magical Beasts, and an aspiring beekeeper. She once won an argument on the internet, and tweets at @MelissaBrinks.