Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Welcome back to Postgame, Sidequest’s monthly podcast, where the editors lay down hot takes on cold games. Spurred by our discussion of our first games, we took our focus to Neopets this month—and, more generally, the wide world of adolescent interaction. To help focus our discussion, we each played Nina Freeman’s Lost Memories Dot Net, which activated many, many memories. So many memories.
Topics & timestamps:
- A loose review of our online histories 00:00 – 29:06
- Lost Memories Dot Net 29:06
- Neopets sprinkled throughout
Pieces we mentioned:
Pieces we didn’t mention but you might like:
- How Neopets has influenced a generation of game designers
- What big publishers can learn about representation from small games
Theme music is Bass Thee by Alexander Nakarada, used under Creative Commons 0.
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Patreon
Melissa Brinks is Sidequest’s editor in chief, co-creator of the Fake Geek Girls podcast, author of The Compendium of Magical Beasts, and an aspiring beekeeper. She once won an argument on the internet, and tweets at @MelissaBrinks.