Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Welcome back to Postgame, Sidequest’s monthly Patreon-exclusive podcast, where the editors lay down hot takes on cold games. In this episode, we manage to warm up for a second and talk about one relatively spicy game: Supergiant’s recent blockbuster, Hades!
Do you have any pressing Hades thoughts? Let us hear ‘em!
Note: This episode covers broad beats in Hades—characters, relationships, story tone, and who the final boss is—but does not go into explicit story spoilers.
Topics & timestamps:
- Hades. The whole pod. Wow!
- Knives Out 1:28:23 –1:33:24
Pieces we mentioned:
- Giant Bomb Game of the Year 2020 (no article, just this premium-locked stream apparently)
- Born to Die (Skeleton’s review of Hades)
- Review: Hades Is a Ray of Sunshine in This Unending Night (or Day)
- What Hades Can Teach Us About Ancient Greek Masculinity
- Black Athena: How Hades Gets Its Gods Right
- Ask Not For Whom The Goose Honks.
- If We’re Going to Talk About Untitled Goose Game Then By God Let’s Talk About Untitled Goose Game
Pieces we didn’t mention but you might like:
- Hades (2020): A Review
- The Secret To The Success Of Bastion, Pyre, And Hades: No Forced Crunch, Yes Forced Vacations
Theme music is Bass Thee by Alexander Nakarada, used under Creative Commons 0.
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Patreon
Melissa Brinks is Sidequest’s editor in chief, co-creator of the Fake Geek Girls podcast, author of The Compendium of Magical Beasts, and an aspiring beekeeper. She once won an argument on the internet, and tweets at @MelissaBrinks.