Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Welcome back to Postgame, Sidequest’s monthly Patreon-exclusive podcast, where the editors lay down hot takes on cold games.
In this episode, we talk about how the mechanics of four politics-oriented games tie into their themes and how that interplay leaves us feeling (sometimes, it’s bad!). Zora also uncovers some deeply buried Scott-Westerfeld-related feelings, and Melissa tries to get a message to Warner Bros. Media.
Topics & timestamps:
- A Bewitching Revolution: 1:25 – 9:47
- Hellblazer: 8:45 – 9:47
- Democratic Socialism Simulator: 9:47 – 19:17
- Reigns: 10:40 – 11:45
- Orwell: Ignorance is Strength: 20:28 – 35:44
- The Scott Westerfeld Minute: 24:09 – 26:39
- Papers, Please: 35:44 – 43:38
- Blaseball & Marblelympics: 43:38 – 46:15
Theme music is Bass Thee by Alexander Nakarada, used under Creative Commons 0.
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Patreon
Melissa Brinks is Sidequest’s editor in chief, co-creator of the Fake Geek Girls podcast, author of The Compendium of Magical Beasts, and an aspiring beekeeper. She once won an argument on the internet, and tweets at @MelissaBrinks.